'Twas a long 20 weeks or so ago, They spoke in silent words of digital text, What ever about? She doth not recall, Yet she had the sudden urge To type yet another word In response to a message long lost, And it went a little something like this: Hi...
Silence answered, Yes, of course, She expected as such, For she hadn't answered In what seemed like forever, For that fact, she felt truly regretful
Now here, she awaits a ray of hope, Or maybe even just the ring Of a bell notification, So that she may welcome Her friend from across the Atlantic Through the previously locked doors Of the direct messaging system, And sincerely apologize For her lengthy, unexcused absence
And though the overall convo, If ever there will be one, May be short-lived, Perhaps consisting of only a "Hi," "what's up," and "goodbye," She wishes nevertheless, To see for herself, At the very least, A typewritten "hello" in reply
Question: have you ever done the activity in class where one person starts off with a sentence, and then the next person adds a sentence, and then the next person does the same and so on. By the end, it'll be a completed story that you were always unsure of the ending or even the next words when collaborating to write it. That's what we're gonna ATTEMPT to do. If needed, we could always do more than one story if it gets too long, or maybe we could make it more challenging as round 2 etc. (Like by limiting the number of lines in a poem or something). Anyways, here's the challenge for this week:
1. I will start the short story off with a sentence.
2. Someone will comment a 1-3 sentences that connect to the first and continues to move the story along. (Remember to use the right POV)
3. This process of taking turns will be repeated
4. A title will be given to the piece once a satisfactory ending is confirmed.
5. When everything is done, I'll list the collaborators after the piece -basically an end credits end-
➡️ I can't always be checking for and continuously adding comments/sentences, so please bear with the lag in posting the updated version of the piece at times.
* Yes, you can add a sentence more than once, but it's my decision where to put your second suggested sentence and after in order to give others a chance and to not make it seem like only a couple of people are creating the whole story. K? (this includes me too cuz I wanna join in on the fun)
* Also, keep in mind that if the sentence doesn't connect well, I may wait until it finds a better place (idc if the story is so silly that it defies all logic in writing & reading circles. As long as it flows well, I'm fine with almost anything)
* If the sentence makes absolutely no sense or is so grammatically incorrect that I can't even understand what you were trying to say, then it will not be added (I mean until I understand it or something & if it's just a typo problem or a simple error than I'll just fix it for you and continue the relay)
If you're unclear about anything, please ask.
If you have any suggestions/ideas to make this a better and more doable challenge/game, then feel free to comment them below
~use the tags #blue_ssrelay & @bluepuppy01 if you wish to follow along or copy the story and post it on under your profile (ONLY IF YOU PARTICIPATED & YOU MUST TAG/CREDIT THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS)
~Comment below "Mission Accepted" if you decide to participate
MISSION START °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° Get creative and have fun with it! Please repost and tag to spread the word #ceesreposts
Reminder: all of my challenges are infinitely open, so you can participate in any of them at any time.