Ramadan Series 13
Do you think about death often?
Have you ever sat down to think about when you will take your last breath?
Do you have certainty about what awaits you?
How many times have you ever thought you wouldn't make it, but the Almighty Allah (SWT) gave you yet another chance to live again, to strive again, to become the best beautiful version of yourself???
The Prophet SAW said in these hadiths:
1) "The gift to a believer is death", (Tirmidhi).
2) "The most sagacious one from among you is he who remembers death the most, and the most prudent one from among you is he who is the most prepared for it", (Alam al-Din).
3) "Do not abuse the dead, for they have reached the result of what they have done", (Sahih Bukhari).
4) "Remember often the destroyer of all pleasures", (At-Tirmidhi).
5) "Indeed, charity extinguishes the Lord's anger and protects against the evil death", (At-Tirmidhi).
And in the Qur'an, Allah SWT said:
1) When their specified time arrives, they cannot delay it for a single hour not can they bring it forward", (Qur'an 16:61).
2) "Indeed, Allah (alone) has knowledge of the Hour and sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Alalh is Knowing and Acquainted", (Qur'an 31:34).
3) "Every self will taste death. You will be paid your wages in full on the Day of Rising. Anyone who is distanced from Fire and admitted to the Garden has truimphed. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of delusion", (Qur'an 3:185).
May the soul of our lost loved ones and the ummah in whole rest in peace. And may we die in a state pleasing to Allah SWT. Aameen.